Academic Program Manger
CUNY- Brooklyn College
- Admin / Clerical
The new Barry R. Feirstein Graduate School of Cinema will open at Steiner Studios at the Brooklyn Navy Yard in Fall 2015. The School will offer a 3-year specialized education in 5 disciplines leading to an M.F.A: Producing, Directing, Screenwriting, Cinematography and Post-Production, and a 2 year M.A. in Cinema Studies. Housed in a new 60,000 sq. foot state-of the-art facility on the Steiner Studios lot, the Academic Program Manager will be responsible for key administrative management of the program and administrative staff. The Academic Program Manger reports to the Director of the Graduate School of Cinema (“GSC”) and will responsible for the following:
- Oversees the day-to-day operations and budget of the GSC.
- Prepares semester course schedules and classroom assignments for approval by the Director
- Assessment of validity of course permissions, degree audits and course wavers.
- Assists the Director in the coordination of student academic issues and petitions.
- Liaises with Graduate Admissions and assisting the Director with the organization, coordination and follow-up on student applications and admissions.
- Assists faculty and GSC Director on academic assessment, accreditation, curricular changes and adjustments to catalogue copy.
- Manages student advisement.
- Conducts various research and data collection assignments in support of the Director.
- Advises, assigns and coordinates student internships at Steiner Studios and around the city.
- Coordinates faculty searches, liaises with HR and oversees travel arrangements and candidate visits.
- Advises students on submitting work to festivals and competitions.
- Maintains all part-time faculty files and contracts.
- Supervises all administrative support staff.
- Manages department events (lectures, screenings, workshops, etc.) booking space, promoting, marketing, advertising etc.
- Supports faculty initiated events and classroom visits by assigning space and undertaking promotion.
- Liaises with College’s Communications department on internal and external communications.
- Oversees updates of the GSC website.
- Organizes monthly GSC meetings, distributing agenda, taking and distributing minutes.
- Performs additional work as needed or assigned by the Director
Bachelor’s degree and six years’ related experience required.
- A master’s degree in film, media or other related disciplines preferred.
- Strong management and organizational skills required.
- Knowledge and experience with the workflow of filmmaking and an understanding of the film industry an advantage.
- Prior work experience in an academic environment in a college or university preferred.
- Ability to problem-solve in a fast-paced and energetic environment essential.
- Ability to maintain organized records and track information in a systematic manner essential.
- Ability to learn complex online software programs for management of student records and financial data essential.
- Excellent interpersonal and writing skills a must.
For more information please contact us at www.brooklyn.cuny.edu/adminjobs , job ID# 10971.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Academic Jobs
- View more Admin / Clerical Jobs
- View more Education Jobs
- View more CUNY- Brooklyn College Jobs