Director, Live Action Development
- Arts / Entertainment / Media
Nickelodeon is currently conducting a search for a Director of Development. This key role will partner with the VP’s to oversee the development process from script phase through pilot production, providing creative guidance on all story materials, scripts, key hires and cuts
- Originate ideas for development and solicit pitches
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with writers, producers, management companies, and agencies
- Oversee staffing for new series
- Work with Nick Fellows to gain understanding of the live action development process
- Must have current awareness of new talent and pop culture.
- Coordinate show support with department reps within the network, including Research, Business Affairs, Production, Casting, Music, Press & Current Series
- 5+ years minimum experience in television production and/or development, preferably within children’s programming
- High level experience with scripted based shows
- Proven knowledge of television, music, pop-culture, youth pop-culture and emerging trends from the past to the present
- Proven understanding of the Nickelodeon brand, programming and the ability both to execute it, expand upon it with the highest quality and standards
- Proven ability to identify unique ideas and talent before it ‘bubbles up’ to broader public awareness and able to translate that into winning/successful programming
- Must have a strong knowledge of, and relationships with, key players in the production industry, including emerging talent, agents, production companies, producers, writers, etc.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong ability to show initiative and multi-task in a fast paced, high-volume environment
- Portable relationships with writers in all scripted genres
- Demonstrated interpersonal and diplomatic skills, including the ability to work successfully within a collaborative team environment.
- Must have strong organizational skills
- Must have strong business and personal ethics
- B.A. Degree in Radio, Television and Film, or related subject