Executive-in-Residence or Associate Professor | Director of the Business of Creative Enterprises
- Arts / Entertainment / Media
- Marketing / Promotions / PR
Emerson College seeks a full-time, experienced faculty member for a faculty leadership position in our Business of Creative Enterprises major. The appointment begins June 1, 2017.
We seek a skilled teacher with extensive business management experience to lead our new program in the Business of Creative Enterprises. Central to the program is working with the College’s Admissions and Communication Departments, representing the program both internally and externally to grow the new undergraduate major in the Business of Creative Enterprises, that draws on interdisciplinary contributions from across the Emerson campus.
The Director of the Business of Creative Enterprises program will successfully develop curriculum, conduct external relations, administer the program, and create value-added learning activities. This person will also teach classes focused on business, the creative economy, creative collaboration and other related topics.
Successful applicants must have a minimum of an MBA or master’s degree in a related field with evidence of successful classroom teaching experience within a diverse student community at the university level. In addition, the applicant should have significant years of management experience in creative industries such as media, entertainment, publishing, performing arts, or advertising with academic administrative experience preferred. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate effective outreach and professional networking capabilities in for-profit and not-for-profit sectors.
The faculty appointment may be at the rank of Executive-in-Residence (full-time contract) or Associate Professor (tenured). A record of scholarly/creative work commensurate with an Associate Professor will be required for a candidate to receive an appointment at that rank. The position anticipates service contributions to include student advising, participation in departmental committees and the life of the college generally.
Emerson College is committed to an active, intentional, and ongoing engagement with diversity—in people, in the curriculum, in the co-curriculum, and in the college’s intellectual, social, cultural, and geographical communities. Emerson endorses a framework of inclusive excellence, which recognizes that institutional excellence comes from fully engaging with diversity in all aspects of institutional activities.
Please submit a cover letter indicating your professional experience, teaching qualifications and interest in Emerson College, along with a resume/CV and contact information for three references who will not be contacted without the applicants written approval. These materials must be submitted through Emerson’s faculty applicant portal at https://emerson.peopleadmin.com/postings/13604.
Review of applications will begin in January 2017 and continue until the position is filled. Preference will be given to applications received by February 15, 2017.
Emerson College is dedicated exclusively to programs in communication and the arts. Located in the center of diversity-rich Boston, Emerson is surrounded by major healthcare, technology and research centers. The College enrolls approximately 3,783 full-time undergraduates and nearly 671 full and part-time graduate students from 71 countries and 48 states.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Associate Professor Jobs
- View more Education Jobs
- View more Business Jobs
- View more Arts / Entertainment / Media Jobs
- View more Marketing / Promotions / PR Jobs
- View more Management Jobs
- View more Emerson College Jobs
View More Jobs in Boston, MA:
- View more jobs in Boston, Massachusetts
- Associate Professor jobs in Boston, Massachusetts
- Education jobs in Boston, Massachusetts
- Business jobs in Boston, Massachusetts
- Arts / Entertainment / Media jobs in Boston, Massachusetts
- Marketing / Promotions / PR jobs in Boston, Massachusetts
- Management jobs in Boston, Massachusetts
- Emerson College jobs in Boston, Massachusetts
View More Jobs in MA:
- View more jobs in Massachusetts
- Associate Professor jobs in Massachusetts
- Education jobs in Massachusetts
- Business jobs in Massachusetts
- Arts / Entertainment / Media jobs in Massachusetts
- Marketing / Promotions / PR jobs in Massachusetts
- Management jobs in Massachusetts
- Emerson College jobs in Massachusetts