Media Team Manager
We're looking for people who can be the leaders of the company – starting on their very first day. Bridgewater Associates is the world’s largest hedge fund with approximately $150 billion in assets under management. Throughout its 37-year history, Bridgewater has been recognized as a top-performing manager and an industry innovator. Bridgewater was one of the few firms to have positive performance during the 2008 credit crisis. In both 2010 and 2011, Bridgewater ranked as the largest and best-performing hedge fund manager in the world and in both 2012 and 2013 Bridgewater was recognized for having earned its clients more than any other hedge fund in the history of the industry.
In addition to generating great returns for investors, Bridgewater’s innovations have changed how investing is done in several ways. As global macro investors, the firm has also helped to shape modern economic theory and influence global policy makers. As a reflection of the magnitude of its beneficial impact on the investment industry, Bridgewater has received over 40 “best of” industry awards and its founder Ray Dalio has received five life time achievement awards. As a reflection of Ray Dalio’s influence on economic thinking, in 2012 Time magazine judged Dalio to be one of the 100 most influential people in the world.
Bridgewater’s unique results are a product of its unique culture. The core aspects of the culture have been captured in a document entitled “Principles,” which is posted at www.bwater.com along with videos of employees describing what it’s like to work at Bridgewater. The website also contains examples of Bridgewater research and a sampling of press articles.
Core Media Department Overview:
The Core Media team’s main focus is always customer service, providing the extended Bridgewater community with excellent solutions for the creation, distribution and management of multimedia. Therefore, the team is responsible for facilitating transparency to the firm, providing outstanding audio/video media experiences to employees, and contributing to a variety of training, communications and creative projects through a set of media services and technologies. We fulfill these responsibilities through 1) Audio and Video capture and production of meetings, training sessions, promotional events, and internal video projects, 2) partnering with colleagues across the firm to collaborate on different creative projects related to training or perpetuating the firm’s culture, and 3) working with other departments to implement and support new technologies, such as portable devices and software, to evolve the firm’s methods of learning and transparency by empowering users with mobile media. Bridgewater believes that its strength is in developing our great people, and the way to do this is by establishing a truly free and rich flow of information and knowledge. It’s the job of the Core Media Department to make that happen by capturing, packaging and assisting in the distribution of information to create highly leverageable training, to continue to evolve the Bridgewater sense of community and belonging, and to fulfill the firm-wide goal of radical transparency.
The goal of the Media Team Manager role is to ensure excellent support of Bridgewater’s culture and business needs by enabling stakeholders throughout the organization transparency into communication in a effective and efficient manner. The Media Team Manager oversees a cross-disciplined team responsible for the capture, processing, distribution and management of recorded content. The Manager must ensure that Media’s services are built and evolve in alignment with the company’s strategy, that technology is optimal, secure and delivering required service levels, that risks are identified and mitigated, and that Media’s budget and financials are managed wisely.
Responsibilities would include:
- Ensure that Media services are developed, managed and delivered in line with business goals and technology
- Ensure that Media services, processes and technology are operating optimally to achieve business goals
- Ensure that critical technology enabling is optimal
- Ensure that risks (security, operational, reputational) are identified and managed to an acceptable level with regard to design, operations
- 3+ years of management experience in a media production environment (e.g., television network, corporate video department)
- Previous audio/visual production and post-production experience with a proven successful track record managing cross-functional teams
- Technology-literate, with an understanding of digital media production and distribution infrastructure (e.g., content management systems, web servers)
- Exposure to, and interest in, tools and techniques of digital media production, including DV and HDV cameras, video/audio compositing and editing, industry-standard software (e.g., Adobe Premiere, After Effects)
- Exposure to, and interest in current and emerging Audio/Visual Technology and innovations
- Strong ability to work with other departments within the organization
- “Big picture” thinker with fresh ideas
- Collaborative team player; energy and enthusiasm are “must haves”
- Must be able to think on his or her feet, while handling multiple responsibilities in a fast-past environment
Preferred candidates would also meet the following criteria:
- College degree, MBA preferred
- Experience working on interactive projects, knowledge of web technologies and/or knowledge of media delivery on mobile devices (e.g., iPads, smartphones) are all highly desirable.
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Affirmative Action – Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position.