VP, Unscripted Comedy Development- MTV
Viacom Media Networks
- Arts / Entertainment / Media
MTV is looking for a Vice President, Unscripted Comedy Development. This dream role (if you’re not jaded and still capable of dreaming) will be responsible for bringing a steady flow of quality ideas, comedic projects and hilarious formats to the network. You should be gifted with the skill of identifying the talent, writers and producers necessary to develop successful comedy series for MTV. The Vice President will create and recognize projects at the conceptual stage that will be the next MTV hits, as well as supervise the development and production of these concepts through the pilot stage, as well as maintain current series through production and delivery.
- Must have 5-7 years production/development experience, preferably for a cable network or studio.
- Must have held at least a Senior Director Level position in comedy development or have 3 + years as an Executive Producer on comedy specials or series.
- Must have at least 5 years experience in the TV industry.
- Must have experience overseeing non-scripted programming.
- Must have a dynamic, creative personality and possess taste in synch MTV’s comedy and animation directives
- Must have a track record for identifying shows that have become ratings success stories.
- Must command respect from outside producers, writers, talent and agents.
- Strong leadership to manage and supervise staff and outside producers in order to navigate successful development of shows.
- MUST LOVE COMEDY! No, seriously. Love it.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Vice President Jobs
- View more Arts / Entertainment / Media Jobs
- View more Viacom Media Networks Jobs